History from 1970

Training Centre Klostergut Paradies

1970

Record sales

Consolidated sales exceeded CHF 1 billion for the first time.

1971

Seewis plant starts production

The magnesium converter process, developed by Anton Alt (1936 - 1994), was patented in 1971. The same year saw the inauguration of the plant for plastic fittings in Seewis, Switzerland.

1972

Waeschle joins the Corporation

Georg Fischer acquired the Ravensburg (Germany)-based company Waeschle, the global market leader in handling systems for powders and granulates.

1974

A journey to paradise

Georg Fischer opened its training centre in the former Clarissan convent Paradies near Schaffhausen.

1976

Foundation of Georg Fischer Inc., Tustin

Georg Fischer Inc. was established in Tustin, California (USA) as the North, Central and South American sales company for the entire piping systems range.

1979

Expansion

The Arabian Plastic Manufacturing Company APLACO, set up by Georg Fischer, opened in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia). In the same year, Georg Fischer also acquired Buss AG in Basel, Switzerland, which specializes in chemical process technology and mixing and kneading technology. Georg Fischer also embarked upon the stage-by-stage acquisition of an iron foundry in Lincoln (England) which belonged to Ley's Foundries & Engineering Ltd.

About GF