Brand history

The GF brand was officially registered in 1881. Since 1890, the company has used the + sign in its logo. This represents a stylized fitting, which is still among the most important products GF manufactures. Over all these years, the logo's font and appearance have been changed many times. In 2013, GF has implemented a rebranding and a alignment of its brand architecture. The most striking changes in GF's brand history are shown in the illustration below.

Trademark registered on 23.12.1881

Trademark 1881

In general use since 1903

Trademark 1903

Letterhead, 1885

Trademark 1885

Brand, 1987

Brand 1987

Trademark, 1890

Brand 1890

Umbrella brand, 2004

Brand 2004

Umbrella brand, 2013

Brand 2013

About GF