With its motto "Solutions for today and tomorrow," GF gave a detailed insight into current innovation projects at the Capital Market Day in Biel/Bienne.
More than 50 analysts and media representatives came to the sixth Capital Market Day of GF at the new headquarters of GF Machining Solutions in Biel/Bienne on 25 September 2019.
With several exhibits, the three divisions presented their current innovation projects and newest applications, thereby showing how the company finds and develops solutions for today's megatrends. GF Piping Systems demonstrated a solution for the reduction of Legionella in drinking water in public and private buildings. GF Casting Solutions presented lightweight components for the aviation and energy sectors as well as powertrain components and structural parts for the automotive industry. GF Machining Solutions provided an insight into its progresses in Additive Manufacturing and smart manufacturing methods.
Not only the exhibits, but also the new recently opened innovation and production center, built for around CHF 100 million, impressed the visitors. Therefore, the tour through the new building was well received and completed the successful day.
- In the opening speech, CEO Andreas Müller spoke about current megatrends and the high innovativeness of GF.
- CFO Mads Joergensen emphasized the importance of sustainable solutions in all three divisions.
- In the guided tour through the recently opened innovation and production center in Biel/Bienne,...
- ...the visitors gained an insight into the production processes at GF Machining Solutions.
- At the GF Machining Solutions exhibit, Andreas Rauch, Head of Digital Business, talked about smart manufacturing methods and Additive Manufacturing.
- GF Casting Solutions presented new lightweight components for the aviation and energy sectors as well as structural parts made of aluminum and magnesium for electric and hybrid cars.
- Sandra Schiller, Head of Global Product Management Industry, showed the visitors the innovations of GF Piping Systems, for example smart valves in piping systems.
- At the end of the Capital Market Day, students from various Swiss universities had the chance to participate in the presentations of the divisions and a tour through the innovation and production center.
The media release and the presentations of the event are available in the download section.